Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.
Prompt: I'd like to think there's not a lot of things that make me different from other people. Despite all the strange and insane things I do, I don't necessarily want to be different. I want to homogenize with the majority, so I can feel like there's a community that supports me. Despite that, my favorite thing in the world also ostracizes me. Talking about movies, writing about movies, and arguing about movies are some of my favorite pastimes. In more specifics, it makes my day seeing other people passionate about movies. It consumes every second of my day. I often hope it'll take over other people's hearts too.
Summary: We examined different film scenes, and analyzed their rhetorical appeals.
Reflection: As we identified the main rhetorical appeals in Whiplash, it was eye-opening to me that the ethos was so strong. This has taught me that even when someone doesn't outwardly speak of their position, the heiracrhy is still in place because of how everyone reacts to it.
Comments
Post a Comment