Describe something you will never fully understand.

Prompt: I don't remember how old I was when someone first explained to me what death is. It's one of those things that lurks in the back of my mind. It feels like one giant prank everyone's trying to pull on me. If someone dies, I fully expect them to jump out and yell, "Surprise!" That probably won't happen. I just can't comprehend that one die I'll shut my eyes and never open them again.


Summary: Today, we created claims for a past AP exam prompt we examined.


Reflection: While finding our positions about the importance of polite speech, I realized I had a differing view than most of the class. I found polite speech in modern American schools to be ineffective, and during this activity, it became clear to me that I won't always agree with the majority.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.