How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt: Living in and around Atlanta has opened up my eyes a lot. Although I live in Dekalb, there is still a variety of people, restaurants, music, and arts. I've wanted to go into filmmaking my entire life, and living in Atlanta has only reinforced this. When speaking with someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would immediately mention how inclusive and supportive everyone is. Without all the fans in the stands, I don't think I would be able to be as invested in my dreams as I am now.


Summary: We deconstructed Keisha Lance Bottoms' "Go Home" speech.


Reflection: When we looked at Bottoms' speech, we sorted the ethos into the speaker. She described herself as a black mother, and this changed the way I view ethos because not only can it create authority, but here, it creates relatability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.