Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Santa Claus was always a mystery to me as a child. I believed in him, there's no doubt about that, but I always wondered about him. In my head, I always defined myself as a bad kid. I threw a lot of tantrums, I argued with my parents, and I was territorial about all my toys, so when Christmas came around, I was always surprised that I got presents. Growing up, I've gotten less and less presents, but I feel as if I've grown a lot as a person. Sometimes, I still wonder about Santa though, but I mostly question if he still thinks I'm a bad person.


Summary: In today's class, we defined a claim, and we discussed the different types of claims.


Reflection: Going into the different types of claims, the one that stood out were claims of value because I found it fascinating that we were required to have a criteria. I think this strengthens a claim because it allows for easier comparisons where the answer becomes clearer, so it will be useful in situations when I differ opinions about movies, tv, or anything else with my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.

Think about an argument or disagreement that you wish you could have handled differently. What happened, what was your goal, and what would you do differently now? Use at least one idea from Chapters 1–3 of Thank You for Arguing in your response.