Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt: Typically, when I receive a rubric, I examine it thoroughly. A rubric resembles a cheat code in my eyes because it leaves out speculation over what is required of me as a student. The AP Lang rubric, prior to looking at it, felt monumental. I was afraid to start looking into it, but now that we've dissected it, it feels achievable. Hopefully by the time of the exam, I'll be comfortable with the essay.
Summary: As we answered the prompt, we wrote down five claims, and we added two pieces of evidence to each claim.
Reflection: When we jotted down five different ideas we assumed "overrated," Mr. Rease used marriage as a way to make a point. As a student, I haven't had experience within a marriage, which lets me realize it's best to take from my own experiences.
Comments
Post a Comment