Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt: During AP Seminar last year, we drilled argumentative writing. The entire course is built around arguments, persuasion, and logical fallacies, and even though AP Lang has similar aspects of that, it feels completely different. When constructing a strong line of reasoning, I've struggling with finding evidence. In AP Seminar, that was one of the easier elements because all the evidence you needed to use was typically given. If the evidence wasn't provided, we were allowed to research and cite evidence from many sources. This has sort of made it difficult to pinpoint specific pieces of evidence from the top of my head.
Summary: In class, we looked over the scores we received on our quiz and Writable prompt.
Reflection: When it came to the quiz, I got a 100, which I was happy about. However, I struggled with the Writable paragraph because all the pieces of evidence I provided were vague. In the future, I now know I need to sight inarguable pieces of evidence in order to create a more consistent argument.
Comments
Post a Comment