Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt: My family doesn't watch many movies together, but when they do, it can get a little messy. Like any other household, it's practically impossible to decide on one movie altogether. Despite that, I still try to make that possible. While my mom and my brother are easier to get on board, my dad is typically the giant hurdle holding me back. When I'm in these situations, I normally attempt to persuade my dad using ethos because it's pretty well known that I watch a ton of movies. It almost always works after a bit of convincing, but what I've never realized is that ethos not only works because I watch so many movies, but because I'm his son too.
Summary: Today in class, we presented the stories behind our names, and we reviewed ethos, logos, and pathos.
Reflection: During our presentations today, it opened up my world just a little bit more. Even though I don't normally think too much about my name, there are a lot of people whose names have deep roots in their family, and that presents the amount of expressionism everywhere.
Comments
Post a Comment